RZE Resolute Carbon Black - Titanium 100m Limited Edition
Previously known as the Reise Resolute, the RZE Resolute field watch can be found in a variety of dial colors including red, green, blue, and grey, and comes with matching canvas straps and an optional titanium bracelet.
Why We Love This Watch
The RZE Resolute field watch is designed for all the rigors of the outdoors, and features one of the most reliable mechanical movements known to mankind, 100 meters water resistance (the same as in many dive watches) with a screw down crown, a solid titanium case (lighter and stronger than steel) with a scratch resistant ULTRAHex coating, scratch resistant sapphire crystal, (with anti-reflective coating,) and screw-down titanium case-back with VITON gasket.
As well as an excellent spec-list that includes a stylish textured dial with two color Swiss Super-LumiNova lume application, this is an extremely light mechanical timepiece, weighing just 58 grams including the straps, that is surprisingly equally light on your wallet! All of our RZE Resolutes come with color-matched custom canvas straps that include a leather backing and titanium buckle. An optional titanium bracelet with a scratch resistant ULTRAHex coating and diver's safety clasp with four micro-adjustments is also recommended.
The 40½mm diameter (excluding crown) will be the perfect size for many, and this is very nicely complimented by a surprisingly thin design that comes in at just 11½mm, including the sapphire crystal. There are many nice touches rounding out the picture including some convenient drilled lugs for easier strap changes, and straight lines between the lugs for a more seamless transition to the straps. Stylish looks, thin, light weight, and robust design all come together here in a very affordable timepiece.
Please note this review is of pre-order watches from before the microbrand renamed to RZE Watches, so the logo, brand name and dial colors are different here.
- Type: Microbrand watch. Field watch.
- Reference: RZE Resolute Carbon Black.
- Limited Edition Size: 500 timepieces with serial number shown on the case back.
- Complications: Date window at 3 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Black with white markings.
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Diameter: 40½mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 46mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
- Height: 11½mm including crystal.
- Case: Solid titanium with ULTRAHex coating (up to ~1200Hv hardness.) The case design features drilled lugs (convenient for easy strap changes) and straight lines around the top of lugs as both an interesting accent and a means to make straps appear to be more seamless.
- Case Back: Solid titanium screw down case back with limited edition serial number and limited edition size under the logo, and space for a custom engraving.
- Dial Type: Textured black dial with applied and lumed batton indices and an edged date window at 3 o'clock that is color-matched to the dial. Lumed sword hour and minute hands and a lollipop second hand complete the picture, along with an outer track that makes good use of a different lume color.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with an inside anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: Fixed position titanium bezel.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova C3 (glows green) on the hands and applied indices, and Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 (glows blue) on the outer track.
- Straps Included: 1x pair of 20mm black canvas straps with leather backing and a titanium signed buckle are included. There is also an optional H-link titanium bracelet (also with a scratch resistant ULTRAHex coating) that features a diver's safety clasp with four micro-adjustments.
- Movement: 24 jewel Seiko NH35A automatic movement.
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Over 41 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Aevum Timepieces Advance Carbon Limited Edition
Ballast Trafalgar BL-3133-01 (Unique Complication)
Straton Speciale - Swiss Valjoux 7750 (Blue, Polished Case)
TACS Automatic Vintage Lens II (AVL II) - Silver & Horween