Mercer Brigadier Chronograph (Mecha-quartz)
Built and tested in the USA, the Brigadier chronograph comes in a choice of four colors:
- Dark Slate + Silver: A slate grey faced watch that complements the silver-colored sunburst sub-dials with their subtle concentric circles, and silver-colored hands, indices, case, and onion crown.
- Navy Blue + Silver: A popular blue faced watch with contrasting silver-colored hands, indices, case, and onion crown.
- White + Rose Gold: A classic white faced watch with rose gold colored case, hands, and indices, and onion crown.
- White + Silver: A classic white faced watch with silver colored case, hands, and indices, and onion crown.
A three hand Mercer Brigadier dress watch is also available in the same style.
Why We Love This Watch
This is a very stylish chronograph that can double as a modern dress watch, with a lot of refined features from the guilloché patterning on the face, to the contrasting sunburst sub-dials with their concentric snail circles, to the strongly accented bezel, to the onion crown with a star monogram, denoting the one star rank insignia of a brigadier general. It comes with a very dressy crocodile-grained leather strap which adds to the refined look of this timepiece.
Good looks aside, it is also a robust and accurate timepiece with a 100 meter water rating and sapphire glass, so something you could be very comfortable wearing for outdoor activities.
Based on the strong styling with it's unique Mercer flair, and the fact that this is a chronograph, we feel this offers excellent value for money when retailed at less than $300 USD. The watch is powered by a Seiko VK mecha-quartz movement which gives you the best of both the mechanical and battery-driven worlds. You get the better accuracy, convenience and pricing of a quartz movement, but the chronograph second hand still sweeps like a mechanical timepiece at 5 ticks per second instead of the usual quartz 1 tick per second, and the chronograph reset is mechanical and instantaneous, giving the pushers a mechanical feel.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Mercer Brigadier BRIGCS, BRIGCN, BRIGCR & BRIGCW.
- Complications: Chronograph, date at 6 o'clock position.
- Color Schemes: Grey/silver, blue/silver, white/rose-gold & white/silver.
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Diameter: 42mm, excluding crown and pushers.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 50mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 12mm.
- Case: Marine grade 316L stainless steel.
- Case Back: 3D stamped illustration of Brigadier Mercer.
- Dial Type: Central guilloché pattern with chronograph sub-dials and applied indices.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: Polished marine grade 316L stainless steel.
- Straps Included: 1x 22mm crocodile grained leather strap.
- Movement: Seiko VK63 or VK64 Mecaquartz.
- Sweep: 5 ticks per second on main chronograph second hand.
- Battery: SR936SW silver oxide.
- Power Reserve: 3 years with normal use.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year.
- Documentation: Owner's Manual.
We Also Recommend
Viqueria Levante - Imola Blue - Full Pack (Limited Edition)
TACS Automatic Vintage Lens II (AVL II) - Dark Metal
Straton Tourer Triple Calendar (Black) 200m
Straton Tourer Triple Calendar (Rust Brown) 200m