Draken Kalahari Limited Edition (Sand Dial, Black Case)
The Draken Kalahari Limited Edition comes with a choice of straps (please choose above):
- Sand Canvas: A sand-colored canvas strap with genuine leather lining which particularly suits the field theme of this watch.
- Black Leather: A full grain black leather strap with red stitching to match the watch's accents.
- Brown Leather: A full grain brown leather strap with red stitching to match the watch's accents.
We also carry other dial and case colors. This watch comes with a travel case.
Why We Love This Watch
This watch has so much to offer that it's hard to know where to start. The first thing you'll notice is the unusual choice of a yellow sand-colored and black theme, which works extremely well with this watch. It also ties in nicely to the Kalahari desert, for which this watch is named. (Draken's founder is originally from South Africa, which overlaps with the Kalahari.) The black DLC (diamond-like carbon) finished case and sapphire glass are both extremely scratch resistant, but elegant with a knurled pattern on both the bezel and dual crowns, one of which is used to rotate the inner chapter ring so you can track the time in a different time zone. This is certainly a very practical field watch for a traveler, and comes with a 100 meter water rating.
One of the less obvious features of the watch is the amazing reverse Swiss Super-Luminova C3 lume on the sandwich dial, that's very thickly applied in multiple layers so that the entire yellow face can light up in the dark. The lume application doesn't stop there but also carries over to the crowns and even the logo on the back of the watch! (The first time we've heard of a brand doing this.)
Another unique feature on the Draken Kalahari is the design of the power reserve indicator which instead of being a needle or small window is a large rotating wheel in the center two thirds of the dial. This is driven by an NE57 automatic movement, which is a higher end movement than the NH35A typically found in watches of this type. This is Draken's second design with an unusual power reserve, which is quickly becoming a hallmark of the brand.
This watch is being retailed as a pre-order, with an estimated delivery in February or March 2019. Unlike Kickstarter and similar systems, you may cancel your pre-order of this watch at any time, up until the day before we ship the watch to you, and obtain a full refund.
To learn more about pre-orders, please visit our pre-orders page.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Draken Kalahari.
- Limited Edition Size: 390 numbered pieces.
- Complications: Power reserve wheel, date wheel, rotating chapter ring with 12 hour function.
- Color Scheme: Yellow and black.
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Diameter: 44mm, excluding both crowns.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 51mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 15mm.
- Weight: 105 grams, excluding strap.
- Case: 316L marine grade steel with extremely scratch resistant black DLC (diamond-like coating) finish.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade steel with extremely scratch resistant black DLC (diamond-like coating) finish and lumed logo.
- Dial Type: Sandwich.
- Glass Type: Scratch resistant double domed Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: Fixed with knurled patterning. The inner chapter ring can be rotated by one of the crowns to track the time in a different time zone.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova
- Straps Included: 1x full grain leather strap or canvas strap with leather lining, (please choose which above,) including matching hardware with signature on the buckle.
- Movement: 29 jewel Seiko NE57 premium automatic mechanical movement.
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Over 41 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Valimor Caliburnus - Green Marble - Only 2 Ever Made!
Valimor Caliburnus - Black Galaxy Granite
Valimor Caliburnus - Rainbow Jasper
Valimor Caliburnus - Blue Lapis Lazuli