Draken Kalahari Limited Edition (Black Dial, Black Case)
The Draken Kalahari Limited Edition comes with a choice of straps (please choose above):
- Black Leather: A full grain black leather strap with red stitching to match the watch's accents.
- Brown Leather: A full grain brown leather strap with red stitching to match the watch's accents.
We also carry other dial and case colors. This watch comes with a travel case.
Why We Love This Watch
This watch has so much to offer that it's hard to know where to start. The first thing you'll notice is the unusual choice of a black and yellow theme with red accents, which works extremely well with this watch. The black DLC (diamond-like carbon) finished case and sapphire glass are both extremely scratch resistant, but elegant with a knurled pattern on both the bezel and dual crowns, one of which is used to rotate the inner chapter ring so you can track the time in a different time zone. This is certainly a very practical field watch for a traveler, and comes with a 100 meter water rating.
One of the less obvious features of the watch is the strong application of Swiss Super-Luminova yellow and red lume on the sandwich dial. The lume application doesn't stop there but also carries over to the crowns and even the logo on the back of the watch! (The first time we've heard of a brand doing this.)
Another unique feature on the Draken Kalahari is the design of the power reserve indicator which instead of being a needle or small window is a large rotating wheel in the center two thirds of the dial. This is driven by an NE57 automatic movement, which is a higher end movement than the NH35A typically found in watches of this type. This is Draken's second design with an unusual power reserve, which is quickly becoming a hallmark of the brand.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Draken Kalahari.
- Limited Edition Size: 390 numbered pieces.
- Complications: Power reserve wheel, date wheel, rotating chapter ring with 12 hour function.
- Color Scheme: Black with yellow and red accents.
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Diameter: 44mm, excluding both crowns.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 51mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 15mm.
- Weight: 105 grams, excluding strap.
- Case: 316L marine grade steel with extremely scratch resistant black DLC (diamond-like carbon) finish.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade steel with extremely scratch resistant black DLC (diamond-like carbon) finish and lumed logo.
- Dial Type: Sandwich.
- Glass Type: Scratch resistant double domed Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: Fixed with knurled patterning. The inner chapter ring can be rotated by one of the crowns to track the time in a different time zone.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova
- Straps Included: 1x full grain leather strap or canvas strap with leather lining, (please choose which above,) including matching hardware with signature on the buckle.
- Movement: 29 jewel Seiko NE57 premium automatic mechanical movement.
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Over 41 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Straton Speciale - Swiss Valjoux 7750 (Blue, Polished Case)
Straton Speciale - Swiss Valjoux 7750 (Brown, Polished Case)
Straton Speciale - VK67 Mecha-Quartz (Stealth Black)