Waldhoff Capital - Royal Blue (80 Hour Power Reserve)
The Manufaktur Waldhoff Capital comes in a variety of colors.
Why We Love This Watch
We love skeletonized watch designs (where a lot of the case and movement has been carefully opened up to expose the moving parts) such as the Waldhoff Capital, as they are quite mesmerizing to watch. The Capital is both skeletonized with an open "heart" you can watch beating on the front, and has a very desirable 80 hour power reserve, which is a rare combination to find in well-built watches in this economical price range. Typically automatic watches under $1,000 USD have around a 40 hour power reserve but by using better quality components, such as a better quality main spring, a longer running period without wearing the watch or winding it is possible.
The Waldhoff Capital also features a high beat movement, making for a much smoother second hand sweep desirable in a dress watch, and comes with sapphire glass (the most scratch resistant glass option) with an anti-reflective coating. Although very well built, we do note that the water rating is only 100 feet, which is splash/rain resistant but not a level we'd recommend for swimming, diving, showering or bathing.
This is a watch that is suitable for those looking for a well built timepiece with skeletonized and open heart features and a long power reserve, but who are on budget or looking to get more bang for their buck. Waldhoff have an excellent reputation for quality, with their master watchmaker having approximately 40 years' experience, and assemble the watches themselves in Pforzheim, the capital of German watchmaking. In their own words:
"Our quality testing standards are ISO 2859-1 (ANSI/ASQC Z1.4-2003), and we thoroughly inspect all components 100% before proceeding to assembly in our very own factory in Pforzheim. Movements are subject to accuracy testing machine, and dials are assembled under an electronic alignment machine. We strive to produce as much as possible ourselves even if it costs us more or takes longer."
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Manufaktur Waldhoff The Capital Royal Blue.
- Complications: Skeletonized movement with 80 hour power reserve.
- Color Scheme: Blue, silver and white.
- Water Resistance: 5 ATM / 50 meters / 164 feet.
- Diameter: 44mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 50mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 11.8mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel with exhibition window and decorated rotor with skeletonized movement.
- Weight: 92 grams.
- Dial Type: Skeletonized multi-layer with power reserve sub-dial, exposed balanced wheel, raised outer track, and applied indices.
- Glass Type: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Lume: Swiss RC-Tritec Super-LumiNova.
- Straps Included: 22mm blue genuine calf leather with quick-release spring bars.
- Movement: 21 jewel Hangzhou 7500 automatic movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 80 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Zelos Skyraider Titanium Skeleton - Limited Edition ETA 6498
Zelos Skyraider Bronze Skeleton - Limited Edition ETA 6498
Waldhoff Capital - Diamond Silver (80 Hour Power Reserve)
Waldhoff Capital - Carbon Silver (80 Hour Power Reserve)