Ocean Crawler Neptune - Limited Edition - 600m Swiss Mvmt (Regulated)
The limited edition Ocean Crawler Neptune comes with a travel case and two pairs of straps:
- A pair of custom hand-made black stingray straps with orange stitching.
- A pair of orange rubber dive straps.
Why We Love This Watch
The 44mm Ocean Crawler Neptune has a wow factor that needs no explanation, but there are a lot of careful little touches you start to notice as your eyes start to roam. The compressor style case wth the rotating inner bezel has a thoughtful metallic orange ring around one of the two knurled bezels to help remind which one is to adjust the time, and this matches the metallic orange shroud, which has complementary guilloche texturing that goes so well with the knurling. The orange on the hands and orange crazy stitching on the luxurious custom hand-made stingray straps fit just right too, but without overpowering the design which also picks up on the silver-colored case and bezel, with a thoughtful mix of finely brushed and polished finishes.
Our personal favorite dial option is the "black" ceramic enameled dial model, which is predominantly grey with black and white. It's the absolutely perfect compliment to the black stingray straps. For those who prefer a little more eye-catching contrast between the dial and straps, the "blue" ceramic enameled dial model is more vivid and vibrant, spot on to make the dial pop, without being overly "loud". If you prefer understated elegance then this might not be the watch for you, but this is truly is an exceptional design that is very colorful without being brash, and a unique limited edition design of only 100 timepieces that distinctly stands out in a sea of divers.
However, even more than that, what is under the hood has us the most excited. Ocean Crawler have made sure that the Swiss automatic movement is carefully regulated by a trained watchmaker for an even greater accuracy than is the norm on these already great Swiss movements. Every watch, without exception, has been immersed in water and pressure tested up to a water resistance rating of 2,000 feet, something most watch microbrands don't do. Ocean Crawler even go so far as to test each watch with ten different shock tests, the severest being the 6,000G impact hammer test, hundreds of times more g-force than in typical car crash tests. Ocean Crawler is an apt name for this brand, as you can imagine traversing the seabed wearing one of these watches.
The specs on the Ocean Crawler Nepture are equally impressive. Apart from features you'd expect such as a helium escape valve, the sapphire glass is 4mm thick, and the Swiss Super-Luminova C3 lume is the brightest Super-Luminova color. We think you get the picture. Little wonder that this watch microbrand is comfortable providing a five year manufacturer's warranty with each watch, something you can take advantage of through The Microbrand Store™ as an Ocean Crawler authorized dealer.
Our Ocean Crawler Neptune dive watches are currently being manufactured, and as a small run limited edition of only 100 timepieces, given their good looks and specifications, we expect them to be in high demand. So, as a convenience for our customers, rather than having customers wait until they're in stock, we're now accepting pre-orders against the stock that we've already fully paid for in advance.
We expect Ocean Crawler to ship our grey/black and blue Neptune Limited Edition divers to us around the 20th February and have negotiated an additional feature for our customers - a lumed crown, the lumed part looking like this:
As soon as we receive these watches, we aim to test them and ship them on to our customers within one business day. As always, we'll send them via an express mail service, tracked and insured, so customers can receive them as quickly as possible. Please also note that as we move closer to the shipping date, we'll post any updates here so customers can follow along regarding the progress of the shipment.
Unlike Kickstarter and most other retailers, you may cancel your pre-order of this watch at any time, (right up until we package your watch to ship it to you,) and obtain a full refund. To learn more about how pre-orders work or see our other pre-order watch offerings, please visit our pre-orders page.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Ocean Crawler Neptune.
- Limited Edition Size: 100 individually numbered timepieces per dial color.
Black Color Scheme: Grey-black and white illustrated dial with grey chapter ring, and orange and white hands, set in a silver-colored case with an orange colored side shroud.
Blue Color Scheme: Azure-black and white illustrated dial with black chapter ring, and orange and white hands, set in a silver-colored case with an orange colored side shroud.
- Water Resistance: 60 ATM / 600 meters / 2,000 feet.
- Diameter: 44mm, excluding crowns.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 49½mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 15.2mm.
- Case: Marine grade 316L stainless steel compressor-style case with silver colored finish in a subtle mix of finely brushed and mirror polished surfaces, combined with a metallic orange colored side-shroud with a textured guilloché waffle or wave pattern. (TBD.) Includes a helium escape valve and two knurled crowns, one with a decorative orange stripe.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel with individual serial number.
- Dial Type: Ceramic-enamel fully illustrated dial with inner rotating chapter ring and Swiss Super-Luminova C3 lume.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant 4mm thick domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: Fixed external steel bezel with a mix of brushed and polished finishes. The dive timer functionality is fulfilled by an inner rotating chapter ring, controlled by the second crown.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova C3 lume, which is the brightest Super-Luminova color.
- Straps Included: A pair of custom hand-made black stingray straps with orange crazy stitching, plus a pair of orange rubber straps.
- Movement: 26 jewel Swiss Sellita SW200 automatic mechanical movement. Please note that this movement has been regulated by a trained watchsmith to run at a greater accuracy than stock factory movements.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 5 years.
We Also Recommend
Ocean Crawler Core Diver GMT (Blue Steel) LE - 600m Swiss Mvmt (Regulated)
Straton Legera Standard - Swiss Valjoux 7753 (Blue)
Straton Legera Bullhead - Swiss Valjoux 7750 (Blue)
Waldhoff Ultramatic - Royal Blue Limited Edition (with Tourbillon)