Mitch Mason Maelstrom - Steel Blue Sunburst (Compressor Style)
The 40mm Mitch Mason Maelstrom is a 300 meter (1,000 feet) dive watch that comes in a variety of colors. Our Maelstrom package also includes a leather Mitch Mason watch roll.
Why We Love This Watch
Gorgeous from any angle, (the front speaks for itself with a unique hand set, or check out the deep oil pressed illustration on the back, or the curved case sides with a mix of brushed and polished finishing and dual gnurled and decorated screw-down crowns,) the Mitch Mason Maelstrom also shows great attention to detail, a hallmark of the Mitch Mason brand. It is the little touches like the nicely balanced date window at 6 o'clock that is conveniently lumed, the fully drilled lugs for convenient strap changes, and no less than ten layers of anti-reflective coating under the scratch resistant double-domed sapphire crystal, which helps set this watch apart from the competition.
Clearly this is a watch designed for discerning microbrand watch collectors. The attention to detail is carried through on the solid H-link bracelet as well, which features a lovely taper from 20mm to 16mm, solid end links with easy to use double quick release pins, screwed pins that make resizing a breeze, and a milled diver's safety clasp with double pushers and no less than six micro-adjusts. The polished highlights on the side of the case nicely contrast with the overall brushed finish and are attractively matched by a beveled edge on the bracelet with a mirror polished finish. A very comfortable fit is ensured due to the recessed female end links, curvature on the lugs, strong taper, and wide choice of micro-adjustment positions.
Rounding out the picture is the high beat ultra reliable Miyota 9015 automatic movement, with a smoother second hand sweep and 42 hours of power reserve.
- Type: Compressor-style microbrand dive watch.
- Reference: Mitch Mason Maelstrom Steel Blue.
Color Scheme: Soft sunburst blue dial with ivory indices, white markings, and green lume, set in a stainless steel-colored case with matching edging on the hands.
- Complications: Lumed date window symmetrically balanced at 6 o'clock.
- Water Resistance: 30 ATM / 300 meters / 1,000 feet.
- Diameter: 40mm, excluding crowns.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 47mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
- Height: 12½mm.
Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel case with fully drilled lugs, dual gnurled screw-down crowns, (one to adjust or wind the watch, the other for the inner rotating chapter ring,) and a finely brushed finish that is nicely contrasted with mirror polished edges.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel screw down case back with an outstanding deep oil-pressed marine illustration.
- Dial Type: Soft sunburst sandwich dial with recessed outer track and sloped rotating chapter ring with 60 minute dive watch timer markings. Hand set includes an hour hand design that is unique to Mitch Mason.
- Glass Type: Scratch resistant double domed sapphire crystal with ten layers of inner anti-reflective coating.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova Old Radium lume. Features a vintage ivory color in normal lighting, and glows green when charged in dark conditions.
- Bracelet Included: 20mm 316L marine grade stainless steel H-link solid link bracelet with quick release pins, and a finely brushed finish with contrasting polished chamfered edge. Bracelet strongly tapers from 20mm at the lugs to 16mm and includes screwed pins, female solid end links for a very comfortable fit, and a milled diver's safety clasp with double pushers and six micro-adjusts.
- Movement: 24 jewel Miyota 9015 automatic mechanical movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 42 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year.
We Also Recommend
Minor Heritage Electric Blue - Swiss Made Limited Edition