Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-02 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
The vintage-style 44mm Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mark II dive watches come in a range of colors and finishes, including sunburst blue or black dials, or blue or black fumé gradient dials, along with 3 different Swiss Super-Luminova lume color options: BGW9, C3, and Old Radium.
This DG-04 version of the Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II features a black fumé gradient dial and C3 lume, which is the brightest Swiss Super-Luminova color.
Why We Love This Watch
The Divemaster has been a huge success for Gruppo Gamma, and is now on it's second (improved) iteration, with, unsurprisingly, some models sold out already.
If you've never handled a Gruppo Gamma watch before then it can be hard to explain how things are just right here, from the feel of the buttery smooth winding on the Swiss ETA movement and clean bezel action, to the little touches that make all the difference such as screwed lugs for easy strap changes, or even the screwed ceramic bezel insert. (Very thoughtful for those who have gone for more than one Divemaster and want to mix things up a bit.) You simply have to handle a Gruppo Gamma Divemaster to appreciate what it is that sets Gruppo Gamma apart from most other watch microbrands, and makes them one of the foremost choices for watch collectors.
As you'd expect, not only is this dive watch superbly engineered, with a proven and robust Swiss movement designed to last a lifetime, a 500 meter water resistance rating, and scratch resistant sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel, but it's also glorious to look at with rich colors, lots of curves, and strong vintage styling. The understated elegance comes from classic lines with a lot of curves, including the double domed sapphire crystal, curved bezel insert, and finely brushed case finishing.
The Gruppo Gamma Divemaster II dive watch shown here may be a different model in the series.
- Type: Microbrand dive watch.
- Reference: Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mark II Model DG-02.
- Color Scheme: Black fumé gradient dial with white/green C3 lume.
- Complications: None.
- Water Resistance: 50 ATM / 500 meters / ½ kilometer / 1,640 feet.
- Diameter: 44mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 52mm.
- Lug Width: 24mm.
- Height: 14½mm, excluding crystal.
- Watch Weight: 140 grams with strap.
- Packaging: Gruppo Gamma travel case with screwdriver for changing straps.
- Watch Case: Marine grade 316L stainless steel with helium escape valve, and finely brushed finish and screwed lugs, making for very easy strap changes.
- Case Back: Marine grade 316L stainless steel.
- Dial Type: Black fumé gradient sandwich dial that gets lighter towards the center, with C3 lume.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant double domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on the inside.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional scratch resistant domed ceramic bezel with C3 lume filling all markers.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova C3 lume. (White in daylight, green glow when dark.)
- Straps Included: 1x pair of light brown Horween leather straps and 1x pair of black canvas straps. Both pairs of straps taper to 22mm at the signed buckle (included with both) and are 125mm/75mm in length.
- Movement: 25 jewel Swiss ETA 2824-2 automatic movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year. Registration within thirty days required.
We Also Recommend
Straton Daily Driver "D" (Black Dial, Grey & Orange Stripes)
BOLDR Odyssey Bronze Meteo-Black Limited Ed. (Meteorite)
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Black
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-04 - Swiss ETA 2824-2