Zelos Great White V2 - Red Meteorite “Blood Moon” LE
We've cherry picked two of the most interesting 43mm Zelos Great White V2 dive watches: a red meteorite and a forged carbon that can really play with the light. Our outdoor photos of the Zelos Great White V1 Steel Meteorite show just how nice these meteorite divers can look.
Why We Love This Watch
There's something extra special about a meteorite dial, and knowing that it doesn't come from planet Earth. The extra-terrestrial origin isn't the only aspect that makes meteorite dials so interesting. They also come with a Widmanstätten pattern that is unique to each individual dial and can playfully catch the light at different angles. Normally we tend to see meteorite dials in a more natural grey finish, or sometimes a charcoal black. Red meteorite is a very rare color here, even less common than blue, which helps make this an even more desirable timepiece.
The Zelos Great White excels equally well at night too. Zelos are famous for their well lumed dive watches that tend to glow bright and last a long time. Here we have X1 grade (the most expensive option, lasting 60% longer and glowing 60% brighter than standard grade) Swiss Super-LumiNova lume in C3, which gives off a green glow on the hands, major indices, bezel markings, and crown.
As with the V1, the Zelos Great White V2 features a diver's clasp with a highly convenient ratcheting micro-adjustment system. (No tools required.) One particularly appreciable change in the V2 is the downsizing of the watch height from 16½mm to 12mm, remarkable considering the 1,000 foot (300 meter) water resistance rating, still triple that of many other dive watches. This is due to the change from a 1km rating, (sounds good, but not very practical 99.9% of the time,) and the change to the very reliable and robust 9015 movement, that is thinner than the preceding SW200 movement, and also helps with slimming down the price too! The rest of the specs are equally good and include a scratch resistant domed sapphire crystal with AR coating.
- Type: Microbrand dive watch.
- Reference: Zelos Great White V2 “Blood Moon” Red Meteorite.
- Limited Edition Size: 200 individually numbered timepieces.
- Color Scheme: Red dial with black bezel. C3 lume color (green glow) on the hands, indices, bezel markings and crown.
Complications: Date window at 6 o'clock with color matched date wheel.
Water Resistance: 300 meters / 1,000 feet.
- Diameter: 43mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 50mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 12mm, excluding crystal.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel case with finely brushed finish contrasted with polished beveled edges.
- Case Back: Screw down case back with illustration of a great white shark.
- Dial Type: Natural (real) meteorite dial with thin protective red PVD finish.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant domed sapphire crystal with inner AR coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional dive watch bezel with scratch resistant ceramic insert and fully lumed markings. (Green lume.)
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova X1 grade (the most expensive, brightest, and longest lasting vs. standard grade) C3 lume, which glows green on the hands, major indices, bezel and crown. Zelos's own listings state there is Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 (blue lume) in addition, making this a two color lume watch. However, having tested these watches, we are only seeing the C3 green lume.
- Bracelet Included: 22mm solid link 316L marine grade steel bracelet featuring quick release pins, screwed links and a milled diver's safety clasp with ratcheting microadjustments. (No tools needed to make micro-adjustments on the fly.)
- Movement: 24 jewel Miyota 9015 automatic mechanical movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 42 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year.
We Also Recommend
Mitch Mason Maelstrom - Steel Blue Sunburst
Mitch Mason Maelstrom - Marimo Green
Mitch Mason Maelstrom - Aphotic Black
Ocean Crawler Core Diver (Textured Black) LE - 600m Swiss Mvmt (Regulated)