Zelos Great White V2 - Forged Carbon Limited Edition
We've cherry picked two of the most interesting 43mm Zelos Great White V2 dive watches: a red meteorite and a forged carbon that can really play with the light. Please check our the earlier Hammerhead II forged carbon model, to see how nice a forged carbon dial can look.
Why We Love This Watch
There's something extra special about a forged carbon dial, with a metallic-looking swirl of graphite grey colors that can be very eye catching in sunlight. We were blown away by previous Zelos watches that featured forged carbon dials such as the aforementioned Hammerhead II, but the Zelos Great White V2 Forged Carbon takes things a step further with a forged carbon bezel insert as well. Something that we've only seen in Zelos watches.
The Zelos Great White excels equally well at night too. Zelos are famous for their well lumed dive watches that tend to glow bright and last a long time. Here we have X1 grade (the most expensive option, lasting 60% longer and glowing 60% brighter than standard grade) Swiss Super-LumiNova lume in C3, which gives off a green glow on the hands, major indices, bezel markings, and crown.
As with the V1, the Zelos Great White V2 features a diver's clasp with a highly convenient ratcheting micro-adjustment system. (No tools required.) One particularly appreciable change in the V2 is the downsizing of the watch height from 16½mm to 12mm, remarkable considering the 1,000 foot (300 meter) water resistance rating, still triple that of many other dive watches. This is due to the change from a 1km rating, (sounds good, but not very practical 99.9% of the time,) and the change to the very reliable and robust 9015 movement, that is thinner than the preceding SW200 movement, and also helps with slimming down the price too! The rest of the specs are equally good and include a scratch resistant boxed and domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Type: Microbrand dive watch.
- Reference: Zelos Great White V2 Forged Carbon.
- Color Scheme: Slate grey colored dial and bezel insert. C3 lume color (green glow) on the hands, major indices, bezel markings and crown.
Complications: Date window at 6 o'clock with color matched date wheel.
Water Resistance: 300 meters / 1,000 feet.
- Diameter: 43mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 50mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 12mm, excluding crystal.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel case with finely brushed finish contrasted with polished beveled edges.
- Case Back: Screw down case back with illustration of a great white shark.
- Dial Type: Forged carbon dial set with applied major indices.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant domed sapphire crystal with inner AR coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional bezel with forged carbon insert and fully lumed markings. (Green lume.)
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova X1 grade (the most expensive, brightest, and longest lasting vs. standard grade) C3 lume, which glows green on the hands, major indices, bezel and crown. Zelos's own listings state there is Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 (blue lume) in addition, making this a two color lume watch. However, having tested these watches, we are only seeing the C3 green lume.
- Bracelet Included: 22mm solid link 316L marine grade steel bracelet featuring quick release pins, screwed links and a milled diver's safety clasp with ratcheting microadjustments. (No tools needed to make micro-adjustments on the fly.)
- Movement: 24 jewel Miyota 9015 automatic mechanical movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 42 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year.
We Also Recommend
Direnzo DRZ05 Solaris - Burgundy Red with Date (Swiss Made)
Direnzo DRZ05 Solaris - Black Meteorite Limited Edition (Swiss Made)
Direnzo DRZ05 Solaris - Black & Taupe with Date (Swiss Made)
Mitch Mason Maelstrom - Steel Blue Sunburst