Mitch Mason Maelstrom - Marimo Green
The 40mm Mitch Mason Maelstrom is a 300 meter (1,000 feet) dive watch that comes in a variety of colors. Our Maelstrom package also includes a leather Mitch Mason watch roll.
Why We Love This Watch
Gorgeous from any angle, (the front speaks for itself with a unique hand set, or check out the deep oil pressed illustration on the back, or the curved case sides with a mix of brushed and polished finishing and dual gnurled and decorated screw-down crowns,) the Mitch Mason Maelstrom also shows great attention to detail, a hallmark of the Mitch Mason brand. It is the little touches like the nicely balanced date window at 6 o'clock that is conveniently lumed, the fully drilled lugs for convenient strap changes, and no less than ten layers of anti-reflective coating under the scratch resistant double-domed sapphire crystal, which helps set this watch apart from the competition.
Clearly this is a watch designed for discerning microbrand watch collectors. The attention to detail is carried through on the solid H-link bracelet as well, which features a lovely taper from 20mm to 16mm, solid end links with easy to use double quick release pins, screwed pins that make resizing a breeze, and a milled diver's safety clasp with double pushers and no less than six micro-adjusts. The polished highlights on the side of the case nicely contrast with the overall brushed finish and are attractively matched by a beveled edge on the bracelet with a mirror polished finish. A very comfortable fit is ensured due to the recessed female end links, curvature on the lugs, strong taper, and wide choice of micro-adjustment positions.
Rounding out the picture is the high beat ultra reliable Miyota 9015 automatic movement, with a smoother second hand sweep and 42 hours of power reserve.
The Mitch Mason Maelstrom is a new watch model that is currently being produced for the first time in a limited quantity. As a convenience for our customers, we're allowing customers to pre-order against the incoming shipment that we've already pre-paid Mitch Mason Watches for, which is expected to arrive around the end of March 2022.
To learn more about pre-orders, please visit our pre-order page. As with all of our pre-orders, unlike other stores, customers can of course cancel their Mitch Mason Maelstrom order with us at any time for a full refund right up until we have the watch in stock and ready to ship. As we move closer to the shipping date, we'll be sure to post any updates here on this page.
As well as being able to reserve a watch so you don't miss out, the other main advantage of pre-ordering is a reduced price that is lower than typical retail pricing. Prices tend to increase as we move closer to the shipping date.
- Type: Compressor-style microbrand dive watch.
- Reference: Mitch Mason Maelstrom Marimo Green.
Color Scheme: Soft sunburst black dial with ivory indices, white markings, and green lume, in a stainless steel-colored case with matching edging on the hands.
- Complications: Lumed date window symmetrically balanced at 6 o'clock.
- Water Resistance: 30 ATM / 300 meters / 1,000 feet.
- Diameter: 40mm, excluding crowns.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 47mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
- Height: 12½mm.
Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel case with fully drilled lugs, dual gnurled screw-down crowns, (one to adjust or wind the watch, the other for the inner rotating chapter ring,) and a finely brushed finish that is nicely contrasted with mirror polished edges.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel screw down case back with an outstanding deep oil-pressed marine illustration.
- Dial Type: Soft sunburst sandwich dial with recessed outer track and sloped rotating chapter ring with 60 minute dive watch timer markings. Hand set includes an hour hand design that is unique to Mitch Mason.
- Glass Type: Scratch resistant double domed sapphire crystal with ten layers of inner anti-reflective coating.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova Old Radium lume on the dial and hands, which features a vintage ivory color in normal lighting, and glows green when charged in dark conditions.
- Bracelet Included: 20mm 316L marine grade stainless steel H-link solid link bracelet with quick release pins, and a finely brushed finish with contrasting polished chamfered edge. Bracelet strongly tapers from 20mm at the lugs to 16mm and includes screwed pins, female solid end links for a very comfortable fit, and a milled diver's safety clasp with double pushers and six micro-adjusts.
- Movement: 24 jewel Miyota 9015 automatic mechanical movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 42 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year.
We Also Recommend
Mitch Mason Maelstrom - Steel Blue
Mitch Mason Maelstrom - Aphotic Black
Decima Scylla LE (Blue) - 500m Swiss Mvmt CuSn8 Bronze - Exclusive Option
Decima Scylla LE (Green) - 500m Swiss Mvmt CuSn8 Bronze - Exclusive Option