Heitis Bronze Okeanos Explorer - Blue Ombre (Fume) Limited Edition
We carry both colors of the Heitis Bronze Okeanos Explorer with a stunning fumé sandwich dish-shaped dial in a compressor-style case. One has a mesmerizing slate blue gradient, the "Blue Ombré". The other has a striking bronze/salmon-colored gradient, the "Bronze Ombré".
These watches include two handmade pairs of straps: vintage-style Italian leather straps with matching bronze buckle, plus a pair of stylish leather-lined canvas straps. A convenient travel case is also provided.
Why We Love This Watch
The Heitis Bronze Okeanos Explorers with fumé sandwich dials are undoubtedly the best designs that Heitis, an American watch microbrand, has produced to date, so we're very excited to be carrying them in the store. Obviously the star of the show is immediately apparent in the gorgeous gradient dish-shaped dials set in a compressor style CuSn8 marine grade bronze case with dual signed crowns, one of which controls the rotation of the sloped chapter ring, providing a timing function. However, a lot of thought has gone into the design as well, so all of the little nice touches such as the drilled lugs, which make for easier aftermarket strap changes, and the deep-pressed illustration on the back of the case, are great to see here.
In a classic marriage of form meets function, this is every inch a dive watch, with a 100 meter water rating, the most popular choice of marine grade bronze, (for what most consider to be the best patinas,) scratch resistant sapphire glass with anti-reflective coating, Swiss Super-Luminova C3 lume, (the brightest lume color,) and the robust NH35A automatic mechanical movement, preferred by many in their dive watches.
The Heitis Bronze Okeanos Explorer wristwatch is a new design that is currently being manufactured for the first time, and as a small run limited edition, given it's good looks, specifications and pricing, we expect it to be in high demand. So, as a convenience for our customers, rather than having customers wait until it's in stock, we're now accepting pre-orders against the stock that we've already fully paid for in advance.
Heitis originally thought that they'll be able to ship these Explorers to us by the end of January 2020. This estimate initially slipped a few weeks due to a slight sizing issue with the custom "inner ring" that secures the movement in the watch case. Although the inner rings will work, Heitis are not satisfied unless things are exactly right, so are having them remade, and expected these watches with the improved rings to ship to us some time in February. Unfortunately though, the factory producing the rings has been shut down until March 2nd as the municipality has temporarily closed all factories in the area due to concerns regarding the virus outbreak. We therefore now anticipate that we'll either receive these watches late March or early April.
As soon as we receive these watches, we aim to test them and ship them on to our customers within one business day. As always, we'll send them via an express mail service, tracked and insured, so customers can receive them as quickly as possible. Please also note that as we move closer to the shipping date, we'll post any updates here so customers can follow along regarding the progress of the shipment.
Unlike Kickstarter and most other retailers, you may cancel your pre-order of this watch at any time, (right up until we package your watch to ship it to you,) and obtain a full refund. To learn more about how pre-orders work or see our other pre-order watch offerings, please visit our pre-orders page.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Heitis Bronze Okeanos Explorer Blue Ombre/Ombré.
Color Scheme: Blue slate colored fume dial with C3 lume markings.
- Limited Edition Size: 200 timepieces (all colors combined.)
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.
Diameter: 42mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 50mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 13.3mm, excluding crystal.
- Case: CuSn8 marine grade bronze compressor-style case with two signed crowns, one of which controls the rotating chapter ring.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel with deep oil-pressed anchor illustration.
- Dial Type: Fumé gradient sandwich dial with sloped chapter ring.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on the underside.
- Bezel: Fixed bronze bezel. The rotating inner chapter ring fulfills the dive watch minute timer function.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova C3 lume, which is the brightest Super-Luminova color with a very strong green glow. (White in daylight.)
- Straps Included: 1x 22mm pair of handmade vintage Italian leather straps. 1x 22mm pair of handmade nylon canvas straps with leather backing.
- Movement: 24 jewel Seiko NH35A automatic movement.
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Over 41 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year.
We Also Recommend
Heitis Bronze Okeanos Explorer - Bronze Ombre (Fume) Limited Ed.
Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse (Grey-Black) - Swiss Made Limited Edition
Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse (Blue Moon) - Swiss Made Limited Edition
Decima Scylla LE (Brown) with Exclusive Bundle - 500m Swiss Mvmt CuSn8 Bronze