Decima Scylla Limited Edition (Brown) - 500m Swiss Movement CuSn8 Bronze
The 44mm Swiss automatic Decima Scylla is available in three delicious colors:
- A chocolate brown, with hints of orange, red and burgundy in rich sunburst hues, which we think goes especially well with the soft brown tones often found in the CuSn8 bronze case.
- A sunburst blue with a color gradient that moves slightly towards purple in the center of the dial, which reminds us of a Cadbury's chocolate bar foil wrapper.
- A verdant green that subtly gets lighter towards the center of the dial, which when combined with slightly blue hue of the sapphire glass's anti-reflective coating, the resulting green-blue color reminds us of the ocean. Very appropriate for a 500 meter dive watch!
All three dial colors are sunburst and also have the bonus of a subtle fumé effect, starting darker on the outside of the dial and gradually moving to a lighter color at the center for added interest. This can give a subconscious depth perception that accentuates the curvature of the already high bubble dome sapphire crystal, whose curves start with the similarly angled ceramic bezel. The rich colors are equally matched by the marine grade CuSn8 bronze watch case, which is the most popular bronze for those who love their patinas.
Why We Love This Watch
This is one of the best microbrand dive watches we've seen that will never be on Kickstarter. Only sixty timepieces were ever made in this rare limited edition, (all colors combined,) and the specs on this are simply stunning for the price:
Rich sunburst gradient dials topped with an angled 120 click unidirectional ceramic bezel and high dome bubble-like sapphire crystal, set in a CuSn8 bronze case with no less than a 500 meter water rating, with a Swiss SW200-1 automatic movement with an edged date, thick Swiss C3 Super-Luminova lume on both the hands and the indices, a helium escape valve, and knurled crown.
Specifications aside, there's a lot for the eye to take in. The bezel is unusually 12 sided, and the almost cushion case is 8 sided, the two going very well together and adding another dimension to the design. The 316L marine grade stainless steel case back also features a laser etched 3D illustration of the legendary Scylla, an appropriate choice as Scylla is a Greek mythological sea-creature, with twelve legs (one for each side of the bezel) and six heads.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Decima Scylla Bronze Brown.
- Limited Edition Size: 100 timepieces.(Only 60 made for all color combinations.)
- Complications: Edged date window at 6 o'clock, and helium escape valve.
- Color Scheme: Brown with white and bronze accents.
- Water Resistance: 50 ATM / 500 meters / 1,640 feet.
- Diameter: 44mm, excluding 8mm crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 50mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 14mm excluding crystal.
- Case: Marine grade CuSn8 bronze 8 sided case.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade steel screw down case back featuring an artistic debossed 3D image of Scylla, a mythological sea creature.
- Dial Type: Radient sunburst brown dial with fumé effect gradient moving from darker color on the outside to a lighter color in the middle.
- Dial Glass: High dome scratch resistant double-domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional lumed brown 12 sided ceramic bezel raised at an angle to match the contour of the high domed crystal.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova C3 lume on the hands, indices, and bezel.
- Straps Included: 1x set of 22mm sand-colored canvas straps with leather backing and matching CuSn8 bronze hardware with Decima logo. A bonus set of 22mm soft vintage-style light brown genuine leather straps with bronze or brass hardware with Decima logo. (Please note this second set of bonus straps is complementary, and the buckle color may not match the case color when new but should end up fairly similar once a patina develops.)
- Movement: 26 jewel Swiss Sellita SW200-1 automatic movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Phoibos Wave Master - Blue (No Date)
BOLDR Odyssey Metal Red (Swiss Movement)
BOLDR Odyssey Metal Blue (Swiss Movement)
PolAm Hamtramck with extra Premium Strap - Store Exclusive